19.4.03

Impulse buying will be my demise. In a vending machine a few weeks ago I spied "Cherry Blasters." It really didn't have much draw, but it my inquisitive nature, I decided to investigate closer. Beneath the moniker it had a single line that read "With FLAVOUR BITS." Curious, I purchased the item. Its a kind of donut, with some sort of glaze and...well...bits of flavour injected throughout it. I've never had a flavour bit before, unless one considers that everything that I eat is, technically, a bit of flavour.
The cherry blasters earned a "meh." There are indications that they're better microwaved, but I didn't have access to one at the time. Not very healthy though, and they are also disturbingly close to a perfect circle. No donut, in my opinion, should be. I've kept the wrapping, as I find it nearly endlessly amusing. Flavour bits. You don't know what you're getting! What if its month-dead baby frog legs pulled from a swamp? What if its weapons grade plutonium? I think they were probably some sort of sugar. Apparently it is produced by Cloverhill Bakeries. Interestingly, it is a Cleveland based company, yet they use the British spelling of 'flavor.' Superfluous "U"s be damned! I want my food free of limey connections! The Brits are notorious for bad teeth, is it really a good idea to give a donut more connections to tooth decay?
I do, however, like the chef. His name is "Eddie." Neat.

No comments: