13.10.03

We had to do a writing exercise for my scriptwriting class where someone's mood changes. Just a little snippet from something. I like mine, it makes me laugh for some sick reason.

Tom, 23, walks casually down the sidewalk. He's whistling a love song and has a bounce in his step. Under one arm is a box of chocolates, in the other hand is a bouquet of roses. He jumps up a small flight of stairs to an apartment landing, checks his hair in the reflection on the shiny knocker and raps smartly on the door, donning his best smile.
"Kelly!" he calls, "Your amoré has arrived!"
A window opens above him, a small redheaded woman, Kelly, sticks her head out.
"I'm sorry, Tom," she says, "But I'm in love with someone else."
Tom's body deflates as the chocolates drop to the ground.


I think its the chocolates that make me laugh

No comments: