St. Patrick's day, pfah, let's celebrate in the bacchanalian sinfest known as Liberalia. If you didn't have enough toga fun celebrating The Ides of March, that is. And we all know you didn't.
I celebrated St. Patty's day yesterday. It was pretty good times. At Noon or so I got a call from Nick that Wendy wanted to make up some pancakes and eggs. Not being one to turn down food, I took off. I brought Champagne and Orange Juice and PBR as well, just to make things fun.
Wendy and Maddie made the breakfast, I poured the drinks. Nick sat around. We ate. We made our Mimosas green. Later on, we mixed PBR and OJ (It's about what you'd expect) in a sort of bootleg Redneck Mimosa. I was hoping for some Tang in place of the OJ, but none abounded in the Rite Aid.
After watching Superbad, Nick took off for work and I escorted the ladies to Hannaford where they purchased a proper Irish dinner. Corned beef and boiled potatoes and cabbage. I didn't partake of that on account of going to bed early for work. For I am lame.
But when I woke up I saw carrots, too.
Oh! They made an apple pie. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it, but I'm not guaranteeing it.
Maddie, Wendy and I played Apples to Apples for a bit, too. All in all it was a good day and a proper celebration of... well, not really that properly Irish (for me) but a proper celebration, to be sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment