So, this one is for all my homies who had to drive across upstate New York for four years.
The comic in question is Octopus Pie. I've tried to get into it before and failed. This time, however, it seems to have stuck and I'm quite digging it.
Also, at the recommendation of a dude who plays at Blue every now and again, Craig Mathieson, I have scoped out The Bowerbirds. Now it is I who will do the recommending.
And last week was a cool week at Blue. I went on Thursday as I normally do - generally because Sam James is playing - and saw a different act. Jesse Ray Carter. I was the only person there, apart from his lady and the owners. We chatted after his set and I found out that he was trained by none other than John Hammond! How sweet is that?
So, all of that stuff is cool.
Then the next day was Death Match VIII. Death Matches are always Sam James versus Meantone. They play to the death. I only made it for two songs, but Mr. Carter was there and pointed me out, so I got a wave out of Meantone. I'm looking forward to the next one.
So that's more cool stuff.
Yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment