26.1.09

Obama Thoughts

I'm going to say something here and it might offend the other people of my generation... I've never really been that into Obama. I've always felt he was a bit too "politician" and not enough "person." I think that he's not as left as people say he is.

I really like him as a symbol, though. Everything that his election represents is incredibly powerful. And I'm not just talking about the election of a minority to the shittiest most powerful job in the country. I'm talking about electing someone with moral standards, someone who represents change. Someone who represents America for the People and not America for the Corporate.

Obama has always represented Change. That's something that interests me.

And I must say I'm incredibly impressed.

His precedent-setting first 100 days are off to a great start. America is working on redefining stances on torture, terror, the environment and human rights. We'd developed a draconian image in a lot of ways there. We're becoming a moral, upright nation.

I'm still not certain he'll live up to "the hype." But I am certain he'll provide change. And I don't think anyone seriously expects him to live up to "the hype."

Hrmm. This post is poorly written. Maybe I'll edit it. I have a poor track record at that, though. So, I'm posting it.

Just some thoughts.

No comments: