29.5.02

Working in the arcade I have noticed a cruel trick. A crane game sits nestled in a little alcove next to the Attendent's booth, and it is one of those "Play till you win" candy cranes. So you put your money in, drop the crane down, and if it picks nothing up, you can go again. It seems like a pretty sweet deal. It is, however, a curse also. Once you put your quarter in you are stuck until you win something. You paid your damned 25 cents, and only a miracle will keep you from getting it, so you sit there, watching the numb fingers of the crane fail miserably at grabbing any candy, listening to the out of tune synthesized circus music and praying with tears in your eyes for the next drop to pick up any piece of candy, anything, no matter how foul tasting or putrid. I sit and watch this from my stool and I chuckle, because I know of the Curse of the Candy Crane.

No comments: