28.9.02

I received my film back today, which is what triggered the blog from 1:21:50. It came out OK. I have one shot that is fifteen seconds of blinding white agony due to the horrible over-exposure. When one focuses a Bolex, this is the camera we filmed on, one opens the f-stop all the way up. This allows for more light to come through the shutter so one can see what is in front of the lens, how in focus it is, etc. I filmed on a bright sunny day, focused...and went straight to record. I forgot to reset the f-stop. I also had problems with shooting into shade. Being behind a fence, my ability to enter the construction compound was limited. I was thus unable to take a reading of the light near my planned subjects. Seeing as the sun was shining, I decided to set the f-stop to its maximum closed setting. Stupid, stupid, stupid. The area outside of the shade was fine, the subjects were stuck in the middle of a building's shadow. Oh well. It is my first project.

No comments: