I found this thought not far into a journal I (rarely) kept:
Our bodies work but what incites them to? What is the difference between a corpse and a businessman? Is there some mystical power that travels from mothers to babies during pregnancy? If so, how are test tube babies born alive? Why am I moving while my great grandfather is still? He just died in his living room chair, there wasn't anything terribly wrong with him. What is the spark?
Someone once picked up the journal to write down a note and saw the entry and said, "I think that's where a lot of people turn to religion." It all seems silly to me, now. I look back at a lot of things I did and think, "Whew, I was kinda foolish." There are some entries in this blog that make me a little embarassed. Older ones. Newer ones. This journal entry kinda does. If I had an answer for it maybe I'd like it more. But probably not. It would have to be one hell of an awesome answer. Maybe its love, maybe its potatoes. I don't know, that's for damn sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment