Since break got over we've had pretty much one weather condition in Rochester; snow. This morning, however, I needed my sunglasses. That was a beautiful thing. I was excited. I donned them and drove over to the academic side of campus, then I walked up to the building with them on. Then I sat in class for two quick hours with my back to a window. I think my trouble lay there, in turning my back. If I had kept a watchful and reprimanding eye on the storm, perhaps it would have steered clear. But instead, I turned at the end of class and looked out into a white and windy mess.
Luckily, my people are of stouter stuff than some. What's a little storm to my sweater and hat? But it makes me worry about other people who don't pay attention to the weather. They do well, I suppose, well enough at any rate. Or they die. That's how it goes in life. You go along dealing and adapting until you don't. At which point you are dead. You have to deal with a situation in some way. Every day there are thousands of people in positions I wouldn't wish upon the evilest of men, and they cope, they survive. Or they don't. What it comes down to is handling your actions, dealing with the consequences, or death. I plan to continue to adapt to even the nastiest of situations for many, many years. There is always an option to die and let the problem get the best of me, but what good can come of it?
Or maybe it holds the greatest good of all.
But something makes me doubt that acquiescing and being washed over with death will hold anything sweeter than finally wrangling a tough spot and living.
Its snowing again.
No comments:
Post a Comment