Note: I wrote this at 2:05 AM on Thursday, February Fifth.
We have a new window. There's a set of three above our couch and sometime in December I discovered that the first one, that is the leftmost one, had cracked. Because of the cold, I imagine, or old age. These things happen. December was a busy and forgetful month, so we never contacted the proper authorities. Sometime in January my roommate remembered and had it done. They missed their first appointments to replace it, but eventually they kept one and now we have a new window.
Its different than the other windows. The last one, the rightmost, gets completely covered in frost, the middle one doesn't get any. This one gets frost just around the edges. Its pretty. I stood shirtless in the middle of my dark living room drinking a glass of water and staring at/out it. There's a line of cars then a tree and then someone's window where a light was on. The cars were all orange because of the lights in the complex. The snow was orange. Even the tree was slightly orange.
I hope someone saw me standing in the dark in my living room through the window with frost around the edges.
I hope they wondered what I was doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment