19.12.06

My face!

So this is pretty cool.

I went in to the office of my Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon yesterday. Our original plan was to meet last Friday but the Dr. done pulled out my teeth (Dr. Doss) got all sicked up on Friday. So he canceled. I'd had those concerns about infection, too. So that was no good.

But I got in yesterday and the replacement Doctor (never got his name), really jovial fellow, said Dr. Doss was feeling better, had a look in my mouth ("Yeah, that side is angrier than the other"), pulled out my stitches ("Here comes the pinch"), rinsed out the holes (gross) and prescribed me some penicillin (to stave off infection). All in about 4 minutes.

Inside of half an hour all pain in my mouth had vanished. I feel great again. One of the funniest sensations, though, was the removing of the stitch. The tunnel the silk string was through had swollen up around it so when he pulled I felt it all the way. Weird!

But I'm feeling pretty good. Talking doesn't bug me anymore and I'm taking penicillin and life seems to be on the upswing.

What next?! Car trouble? Broken limb? Death, perhaps? Who knows!

No comments: