I have this scab on my elbow from a patch of rugburn I received a few weeks ago in a wrestling match - alcohol may or may not have been involved - with Don Thibodeau.
A student asked me where I got it today. I said, "Wrestling" without thinking. Kids asked, "Oh, so you wrestle?" "Well, not really."
"Then how'd you get it?"
"Mr. Rollins... do you party?"
I didn't answer that one. I let the kids hypothesize.
"Can you imagine," one laughed, "HIM partying?"
"I don't know," another responded, "He puts on a proper front here at school but I bet if you get him-"
"Back to Spanish," I said, meekly.
"Mr. Rollins," said a girl who I think is 14, "I bet you're good at beer pong. You've got those long arms."
I examined my arms a moment, blasted things are what got me in this situation to begin with, and looked up at her.
"How do you know about Beer Pong?"
No comments:
Post a Comment