It turns out the sperm donation thing was for babies. In case I didn't clarify earlier, I'll state that I originally signed up for the program under the impression that my genetic information would be mercilessly slaughtered in the name of birth control. I'm cool with that. I don't, however, want them to be used in making little (and eventually, one would assume, big) versions of me. I don't want to think I'm responsible for some little shit I have no control over. I don't want to have some doe-eyed youth(DEY) on my doorstep in the future saying that he, Dad, is my sixty dollar son. It would change so much of my life immediately. I would, of course, feel responsible for said DEY, regardless of their wanting my help or not. I would want to get to know them. I would want to hear about their past and not miss their future. I would, in a few words, want to be a parent. What if I already had kids at this point? I couldn't ditch them, but I couldn't just brush off the other guy, could I? Joining him to the family would be difficult, too. "Alright, kids, you've got a new sister because daddy thought it would be cool to jack off for money..." I also don't want my genes to be raised without my supervision. What if they fuck something up? What if they become tyrants or mass murderers or CEOs of some horrible companies? What if they became really successful without my aid? If my offspring are to be famous or infamous, I want a part in their upbringing.
All that turmoil and torment is not worth 60 dollars.
No comments:
Post a Comment