1.1.06

Something amusing. At least to me. My mother's cousin got me a gift card to Wal-Mart, so I went in and perused their DVDs. I found Chinatown and while looking for something else that would fit on the card, I happened to look up at the girl across the video rack from me. "Hmm," I thought to myself, "She looks an awful lot like Ashley Knight." Ashley Knight is, of course, sister to Melissa (my ex). It dawned on me Melissa might be in the store. Sure enough, Melissa was right behind her. As soon as I saw her I wheeled around and started looking intently at the comforters. I don't know as I've ever worried about comforters mroe than that moment. It was like in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when they see the hitchhiker in the road and wheel around in the car. Or when they see Christina Ricci in the road and speed around again. I didn't even think about it until later. But that was an amusing reaction, I think. Other Stuff Spent a lot of time with people other than Nick this break. Surprised me, made me happy. I really like the Portland social scene. It's cool. A lot of people in a lot of bars all within walking distance of each other. Some people I haven't seen in a long time; Tiffany Dembowski, Heather Flick, Jess Nash, Morgan Demers, Donald Thibodeau, Matt Bassett and, most surprsingly, Jada Fitch. Also, Adam Towes. Good times so far.

No comments: