17.4.07

Twitterlee-Dee

All right, if you have not heard of it there exists these days an interesting micro-blog site called Twitter. You have 140 characters to post about whatever. Usually it winds up being posts about what that person happens to be doing. If you were consistent about it, at the end of your life you might have an interesting, stacatto autobiography.

But what is perhaps more fascinating is Twittervision. On Twittervision you get a globe and the latest Twitter posts pop up from the geographic locations they were made. It's incredible. The majority of the posts are from the United States, with Europe and it's myriad languages, Mexico and Spanish and the rest of the world following behind. I've only seen one post from Japan and one post from the South Pacific apart from that. I was alerted to the existence of Twittervision by an article that suggested "a savvy journalist might watch Twittervision to look for interviews on current crises."

If I had my way, I'd have a projector running Twittervision against a wall in my house 24/7.

Anyway, I expect this blog will be updated momentarily with news of my joining Twitter and a link to my feed.

No comments: