12.12.03

I don't know if its a problem with everyone, but I feel like I repress a lot of emotions. Not any in particular, just the whole melange. Emotion should play a more powerful part in my creative endeavors. I'd like what I'm feeling to play in more, for the creation of a movie to have as much meaning as the final piece. I'd like catharsis with it. I'm afraid, though. I'm afraid of what I'll feel. I'm afraid of what others will feel. I'm afraid of everything being different afterwards. Which it would, of course. But change is good, isn't it?
I think that is part of the reason I created Pomo. I think emotions will flow through him more freely. If I do it right. If I don't I'll wind up thinking, "What will people think of this?" It'll collapse. I'd like to have a good cleansing spiritual case of the shits, I guess. Clear off the excess baggage and start anew. Strike a proverbial fault line in the tectonic plates of my concious/unconcious. Wipe the slate clean. Flip the etch-a-sketch of my mind and shake till its clean. Flush away the detritus in the toilet of my subconsious.
etc.
I'll do it. Fuck what people think. Fuck what I think. My experimental movie will tap into some emotional vein.
But what if people don't like it?

No comments: