20.6.07

June 20th

The school year is over. I'm glad I'm not going back, there was too much misery in the job. Which kinda sucks, I still really like working with young'uns. Seeing progress in their Spanish was delightful. I really loved all my kids, too.

I can't say the same for all my students. Some of my loved kids were completely terrible at being students.

Alas. In the future I think better classroom management would significantly lessen the misery. Also, all of the bullshit in the job, the grading, the meetings, the paperwork, all of it. I can see this being a really great job in about ten years when my life is mor settled.

That was another problem. I'm too young to be doing this right now. I want to get out, run around and be a crazy idiot. I want to meet tons of people. I want to travel and live more spontaneously. I don't want to be tied down to a job that I'm not happy with. I'm not ready for that part of the American Dream.

Plus, running into students at parties is totally, totally lame.

So, here's to summer. I'm going down to VA in a week and from there I'll be trekkin' over to Europe to tool about for a month. Then I'm moving in with Nick Poulin (yes, Pedro, Elvira, et al. that's Zack Poulin's older brother), Jeremy Griffin and Matt Bassett. Maybe there's only one "t" in "Bassett." In fact, I think that's exactly the case.

Then I need to get me a job! Hopefully writing or newswork or something.

Anyway, that's the update for now.

No comments: