16.12.07

A Review

So, the parts of today that weren't at work were, in all actuality, pretty neat! And even work wasn't that bad.

So I got up at four and showered and changed and put on my new shirt(which actually doesn't look much like that comic), and Nick and I took separate vehicles to work for some reason. I guess he'd thought about it and figured we might need to. Turns out we didn't. Sorry, Mother Nature!

I wasn't needed at work. I made one cut and posted a couple of things to the web. Most monkeys are too smart to do that sorta bullshit. But it was OK. Sarah and I got in crazy snow fights. I don't wanna say "snowball" because the snow wouldn't clump, but she won once (sorta, she got lucky) and I won once. I think I won betterly. After all, when she "won" I didn't have to reapply my make-up AND I didn't ruin a starting advantage. She got Nick to trick me to come outside, smacked me with a snowball and tried to knock me over. I still beat her.

So. In the end, I'm better. That's what we all decided. Then we drank toasts to my awesomeness.

After work I walked down to L.L. Bean and bought me some new boots (which are INDEED made for walkin') and some gloves. It was a lot of fun walking around the city in the Nor'Easter. Portland sorta took on this desolate, post-apocalyptic feel. There was virtually no traffic and very few people were out on the streets. I discovered, however, there is one bad thing about beards.

Snotcicles. Yep. Gross.

And it was really only a problem on the walk to L.L. Bean as the wind was right in my face the whole time. But the boots were 70% off! They wound up costing me $18. If you can believe that. And they are a marked improvement over my last pair which was swiftly losing it's sole/soul.

And I ate and caught some of The Eiger Sanction. It wasn't as good as the book. And while I hate that comparison typically, I feel my reasons are sound. In the book, Hemlock is dry, witty and charmingly sociopathic. Clint Eastwood, as Hemlock in the movie, is dry, witless and charmlessly flat. Although, the movie was still somewhat compelling. Hemlock should read more like House. I think the problem is Clint Eastwood has a natural warmth which works against the character of Hemlock. Or maybe Hemlock just isn't supposed to be that likeable. Even as distant and dry and Eastwood is in The Man With No Name trilogy, for instance, there's still something about him that's compelling.

Anyway, I took a nap and went back in to work and proceeded to be primarily useless again. The notable exception being when there was no camera person at all for the first half hour of the show. Then I came in handy.

Then I came home and parked at King Middle School and marched home and ate some chinese food. Now it's 8:30ish and I think I'm gonna chill out for an hour or so and then go to sleep.

IMPORTANT THINGS I SAW TOD

aY,



1. On my trip back from L. L. Bean I saw a chap walking around the city in snowshoes. Unnecessary? Yes, probably. Cool and fun just the same? Most definitely.

2. Not one, not two but THREE people cruisin' the streets of Portland on cross-country skis. And I think they were all the classical style. No herringbone for them!

A pretty decent day.

No comments: