"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" -Dr. Johnson
4.3.02
Back in the bad old days when the internet was a new and exciting research tool we had a comfortable chair. It was large and wooden, and the cushion sagged the perfect amount when two pillows were fitted on top. One of the pillows was green, the other red. The arm rests were the perfect length from each other and one could put a lap board across them and type quite easily, if one were so inclined. One could even slouch! Slouching, these new chairs defy slouching. They laugh in the face of slouchers. "Ha!" they say, "try slouching in me, try it! That's right, your ass winds up hanging out and you balance uncomfortable on your spine while the back rest groans threateningly! HAHAHA!" That is exactly what they say. Then the chair suffered from use and became old, so we switched to a variety of inferior replacements. The last one the back actually broke off, so the ass part is a foot rest in my room, sometimes I still actually sit in it, when I use my playstation, for instance, but it is a foot rest. Now, I am sitting in a dispicable wooden chair. The back rest is uncomfortable, there are no arm rests, the weaving on the ass part leaves imprints on my ass, even through jeans. Oh, I wish I could have that original chair, then, maybe, just maybe, I could be truly happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment