"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" -Dr. Johnson
3.3.02
A lot of the appeal of pretzels is the salt. I am a pretzel addict, and currently there is a bag of open pretzels to my right. I am not, however, eating very many of these knots of dough because they remain unsalted. They taste like old, stale bread crust. I have nothing wrong with bread crust, but I like the actual bread much more than the crust. These pretzels have no incentive, my sodium level sinks slowly down like a wooly mammoth in a tar pit. And my taste buds remain uncaptured by something tangy and starchy. I am left with just the starch. Soon, I will have to resort to salt licks from the days of when we owned guinea pigs. All because of these unsalted pretzels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment