18.3.02

I recently listened to Beck, four of his albums. And you know what? Not too shabby. I remember I used to like him a lot, I thought he was the man, then that faded, and until recently had forgotten that he is pretty cool. I feel that his worst album was Mutations, well, of the ones I listened to. The four I learned were Odelay, Mellow Gold, Loser and Mutations. Loser has but five tracks, Loser (no shit!), Corvette Bummer, Alcohol, Soul Sucking Jerk and Fume. I am pleased and refreshed by his music. As I was glancing through the credits on the liner notes I noticed that he wrote the music and performed almost all of the instruments. One talented man with an unfortunate last name. Anyway, I just remember that there is a destination just a little up the road from the habitations of the towns we know. A place we saw the lights turned low, the jigsaw jazz and the get fresh flow. Bottles and cans just clap your hands just clap your hands...

No comments: